10 WAYS TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR SHEARLING JACKETS AND YOUR SHEARLING COATS
If you already own a shearling jacket or if you plan on purchasing one in the future, it is always advisable to do some detailed researching before you buy anything. Everything needs maintenance, even if it is a clothing item. You do not want to spend your money on something that you do not want to last long. Whether it is cheap or expensive, the fact that you had spent money from your own pocket on an item automatically means that you are looking for it to last as long as possible. Instead of stressing out on how to take care of it when there is a stain or something, you can just follow these 10 steps, and you can look at your jacket last for years.
1. First and foremost, do not even consider of putting a jacket or the coat in the washing machine. This is the most important fact that you must keep in mind when you need to wash your outfit. Shearling jackets need to be air dried after washing it with your hand.
2. It is always good to take extra care of your clothes. This means to wipe the stain immediately or try to remove it within a few minutes of the mishap. It spares you the inconvenience of cleaning it when you are at ease. It prevents the stain from spoiling the jacket even more, and you can remove it easier. Do not wait for the stain to be a part of the material and damage it.
3. It is never a good idea to put these types of jackets next to an open fire or in a place where there are chances of extensive heat exposure. It is bound to spoil the leather as well as the fur. So keep it distant from any sort of heat sources.
4. When you leave it out to dry, do not keep it in the scorching sun for weeks. Extra exposure to sunlight will end up bleaching the jacket. Even if your jacket is inside your home, the rays of the sun passing through the window can damage the outfit. Make sure to keep checking on the jacket to see if it is dried or not.
5. Special cloth bags are available to hang your jackets so make sure you have enough according to the shearling jackets to hang them in. Putting them in plastic bags is not the most sensible move. Jackets need to breathe, and the cloth garment bags are the only things that allow that. The moisture needs to go out of the jacket instead of it getting trapped inside.
6. After using your shearling jacket, make sure that you keep it at a certain distance from other clothes. It needs to hang comfortably and freely, rather than being pressed tightly with your other clothes.. There should be an adequate distance for it to hang that you can just smoothly take it from the hanger in a second.
7. It is never a good option to hang it roughly like on the doorknob. A proper hanger is a better option to hang it to avoid horrible creases, and it can dry it out evenly instead of being damped in certain areas.
8. Spring is the best season to clean your shearling jacket because if you decide to clean it during the winter, salt and other elements will mount up and destroy the exterior of the jacket, spoiling the luxurious look. Always clean in it during spring since it is a perfect time and has the perfect weather for it to dry when the jacket is wet.
9. Silicone is a bad option to use on the jacket. The jacket’s specified products and this never go hand in hand.
10. If you plan on putting any stickers for whatsoever reason, please refrain from doing so. When you will pull them off, some fabric might get removed with it.
These 10 points briefly sum up the procedure and the methods on how to take care of your shearling jackets. At first glance, it is very common to think that these cost over $600 because of how professionally the fur is trimmed and the other detailing. It is all about the fur and the extra bit of designs and pattern that make the outfit more appealing to the viewers when you wear. Shearling is thought to be kind of expensive but in an online store like this, you should not have any problem in buying it. Just place your order and be amazed by how such a reasonable price can give you a quality of a jacket that is worth much more. It is all about making life easier and fulfilling the desires of the customers, and this store does exactly that. Each outfit in the Prom Suits and Tuxedos collection is made differently and accordingly to when and where you want to wear it. Some of the jackets are thick while some are thin enough to suit your country’s weather conditions. It is not only about looking good but also being comfortable in it.